Thursday, March 3, 2011

He knows your name

As the days roll on, the names roll by....

It is now 9 days since the people of Christchurch had their lives turned upside down as the earthquake struck.  Day after day people have been searching for their loved ones.  As I followed @safeinchch on twitter, the names of missing and located people rolled by...one tweet at a time.  As I read each name, these people became more than just another person, they each have a name, they each have someone who cares for them.  I could now pray for a name, they were now somebody that was known, not just a missing person, or a family or friend that was searching or grieving.  They have a name.

As I read the names & prayed I became very aware that God already knows the name of every single person that is impacted by this tragedy.  I do not know them all personally, but he does.  I have just heard some of their names for the very first time, but he has always known their names.  He cares about each and everyone of them, he wants to walk this journey with them.  He knows their names.

It blows me away to think that God knows the name of every single person on planet earth and he loves everyone of you.  He knows you intimately and loves you soooo much.....HE KNOWS YOUR NAME.

No comments: